Are you a #gamechanger? There's never been a better time to be a part of the inclusion revolution! For more information about the opportunities listed below, please contact Lisa Garnett, Director of Human Resources. You can also follow our company page on LinkedIn to receive occasional updates and job postings. If you are interested in an internship, let us know.
Director of Advancement
Purpose: To plan, direct and manage the major gifts program of Special Olympics Virginia (SOVA) to include identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major donors and prospects.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage a portfolio of at least 100 existing and potential major gift donors statewide.
- Identify, research, and steward relationships with existing donors leading to leadership and major gift solicitations; qualify, cultivate, and solicit appropriate prospects.
- Manage and create personalized, full cycle strategies around potential gifts of $10,000+ annually.
- Collaborate with President, Development Staff and Board of Directors to identify, inform, cultivate, involve and solicit prospective individual donors statewide.
- Motivate and support volunteer leadership for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship calls.
- Develop and maintain a system to coordinate all aspects of the SOVA major gifts program (planning, strategizing, researching, budgeting, etc.).
- Develop and maintain prospect/donor information in SOVA’s CRM, Salesforce.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of SOVA’s mission, priorities, impact and goals.
- Prepare proposals, stewardship plans, and other correspondence for prospects and donors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimal level of relevant experience: At least 3 years of experience in a position with similar responsibilities.
- Excellent organizational, critical thinking, analytical, written and oral skills.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple diverse groups of people.
- This position is exempt.
Supervisor: President 11/22