Are you a #gamechanger? There's never been a better time to be a part of the inclusion revolution! For more information about the opportunities listed below, please contact Lisa Garnett, Director of Human Resources. You can also follow our company page on LinkedIn to receive occasional updates and job postings. If you are interested in an internship, let us know.
Digital Content Coordinator
Northern Virginia office
Purpose: Provide support through video, audio, and digital content to grow awareness of the program and increase participation in fundraising events and opportunities. This position is part-time.
- Assist with social media content on key Special Olympics Virginia (SOVA) channels to include creating, scheduling and posting SOVA-related content; staying attune to current trends and messaging so we can remain relevant; and managing content opportunities and activation shared Special Olympics/Special Olympics North America
- Build up SOVA in the “social influencer” space to include designing and producing creative video content to increase engagement in the digital space, drive program awareness and increase fundraising
- Brainstorm, create and mobilize additional digital content such as a SOVA newsletter, podcast, website stories, interviews and event “coverage”
- Support the Director of Marketing & Outreach and other SOVA staff as need with basic editing needs and graphic design work
- Engage with sponsors, donors, volunteers and others as needed to include attending meetings, sending thank yous and brainstorming activation and content ideas to support key SOVA initiatives and partners
- Assist with a SOVA storytelling initiative to include helping lead regular staff story-collection meetings in this space and then following up with content creation (web, social, video) when stories meet SOVA strategic goals and needs
- Help organize and catalog digital assets
- Other/office duties as assigned
- This position is non-exempt
- The candidate should have an intellectual disability
Reports to: Vice President, Development & Communications, and Director of Marketing & Outreach
*Apply by October 4, 2022